MythBoxee is the blending of the MythTV and Boxee. Now watching your MythTV recordings on your TV just got easier. Boxee is a social networking media frontend for playing content from all different sources on the internet and locally.
Version: 188.8.131.52 (beta) - (released: October 17, 2010)
* Uses MythProtocol
* Uses Native Python Bindings
* Connects to the MythTV Database
* Updated recordings in the background (improves UI speed)
* Uses thetvdb.com API for additional information for shows
* Supports multiple methods of streaming
* Recording Metadata Caching
* Impoved UI
* Automatic Discovery
* Using SMB stream method, Boxee remembers where you left off.
* MythTV 0.23.1 or 0.23.0 (but you'll have to modify the MythStatic.py file and change the protocol version from 23056 to 56)
* Boxee 0.9.20 or greater
Unfortunately there is no automatic update feature in Boxee. You'll need to first remove the current MythBoxee app, then browse back to the repo and re-add the file. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bugs?
Installation and Configuration
Add my repository (http://erikkristensen.com/boxee/) to Boxee, then browse to the repository and add to apps the 4.x version. At first launch you will be prompted to do some automatic configuration. If all the settings check out then you'll be on your way to using the app. If you run into errors or problems. Hit up the mailing list over at http://groups.google.com/group/mythboxee and make sure you attach your boxee.log file as well.
Ticket and Issue Tracking
I've selected GitHub (it was originally lighthouseapp.com) for ticket and issue tracking for MythBoxee, its available at http://github.com/ekristen/mythboxee/issues
Grab the source at http://github.com/ekristen/mythboxee though I recommend you pull the app down from my repository.